How I rang in the new year
January 1, 2017
In 2017, I:
(in no particular order)
- Journeyed on two road trips with good friends: one to and around Joshua Tree, and one down the east coast from NY to FL. Many awesome memories came out of these.
- Traveled to San Jose, San Francisco, San Diego, Orange County, Berlin, Zagreb, Split, Ljubljana, Mostar, Dubrovnik, Tampa, Orlando. This is probably the most travel I have done within a year.
- Got laid off after 11 years in a corporate job, in June. Therefore, I had my first summer break since being in college
- Attended 3 really fun weddings
- Earned the TEFL certification to teach English abroad
- Met many fabulous new people
- Reunited with tons of old friends
- Performed my civic duty on the Grand Jury
- Ran my very first craft fair booth for Apathetic Sheep
- Relaunched my website to start publishing more photos
- Attended only 1 concert (times have changed)
- And of course…uprooting 12+ years of a life and network I built in NYC to try things out here in Europe.
Quite a positive turnaround from a couple of years ago. Many of these things were new challenges in which I had anxieties and doubts that I still continue to struggle with, but know how to manage.
Looking forward to 2018 and whatever it brings!